1. to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
2. to swallow up the identity or individuality of; incorporate: The empire absorbed many small nations.
3. to involve the full attention of; to engross or engage wholly: so absorbed in a book that he did not hear the bell.
4. to occupy or fill: This job absorbs all of my time.
5. to take up or receive by chemical or molecular action: Carbonic acid is formed when water absorbs carbon di
"sutures can be absorbable."
"materials can be absorbable."
"markets can be absorbable."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.