1. not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
2. lacking; nonexistent: Revenge is absent from his mind.
3. not attentive; preoccupied; absent-minded: an absent look on his face. verb (used with object)
4. to take or keep (oneself) away: to absent oneself from a meeting. preposition
5. in the absence of; without: Absent some catastrophe, stock-market prices should soon improve.
"banks can be absent from markets."
"places can be absent from markets."
"buyers can be absent from markets."
"investors can be absent from markets."
"people can be absent with problems."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.