1. sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
2. curt or brusque in speech, manner, etc.: an abrupt reply.
3. terminating or changing suddenly: an abrupt turn in a road.
4. having many sudden changes from one subject to another; lacking in continuity or smoothness: an abrupt writing style.
5. steep; precipitous: an abrupt descent.
6. Botany. truncate (def 4).
"slowdowns can be abrupt to growths."
"people can be abrupt in things."
"people can be abrupt in manners."
"people can be abrupt at times."
"mains can be abrupt of manners."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.