1. failing to succeed; unsuccessful: an abortive rebellion; an abortive scheme.
2. born prematurely.
3. imperfectly developed; rudimentary.
4. Medicine/Medical. producing or intended to produce abortion; abortifacient. acting to halt progress of a disease.
5. Pathology. (of the course of a disease) short and mild without the usual, pronounced clinical symptoms.
6. Botany. (of seeds or pollen grains) imperfect; unable to germinate.
"uprisings can be abortive."
"attempts can be abortive."
"coups can be abortive."
"attacks can be abortive."
"talks can be abortive."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.