1. to bring forth a fetus from the uterus before the fetus is viable; miscarry.
2. to develop incompletely; remain in a rudimentary or undeveloped state.
3. to fail, cease, or stop at an early or premature stage.
4. Military. to fail to accomplish a purpose or mission for any reason other than enemy action.
5. Rocketry. (of a missile) to stop before the scheduled flight is completed. verb (used with object)
6. to cause to bring forth (a fetus) from the uterus
"attempts can be aborted."
"foetuses can be aborted."
"coups can be aborted."
"missions can be aborted."
"bids can be aborted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.