1. in a high degree; extremely; exceedingly: A giant is very tall.
2. (used as an intensive emphasizing superlatives or stressing identity or oppositeness): the very best thing; in the very same place as before. adjective, (Obsolete) verier, veriest.
3. precise; particular: That is the very item we want.
4. mere: The very thought of it is distressing.
5. sheer; utter: He wept from the very joy of knowing he was safe.
6. actual: He was caught in the very act of stealing
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.