1. of much or great significance or consequence: an important event in world history.
2. mattering much (usually followed by to): details important to a fair decision.
3. entitled to more than ordinary consideration or notice: an important exception.
4. prominent or large: He played an important part in national politics.
5. of considerable influence or authority, as a person or position: an important scientist.
6. having social position or distinction, as a person
"uses can be unimportant to lands."
"uses can be unimportant to densities."
"uses can be unimportant to applications."
"sales can be unimportant by standards."
"people can be unimportant as producers."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.