1. placed in or belonging to a lower order or rank.
2. of less importance; secondary.
3. subject to or under the authority of a superior.
4. subservient or inferior.
5. subject; dependent.
6. Grammar. acting as a modifier, as when I finished, which is subordinate to They were glad in They were glad when I finished. noting or pertaining to a subordinating conjunction.
7. Obsolete. submissive. noun
8. a subordinate person or thing. verb (used with object), subordinated
"places can be subordinate in places."
"corridors can be subordinate in places."
"cambridges can be subordinate in places."
"sciences can be subordinate to theologies."
"people can be subordinate to people."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.