verb (used with object)
1. to draw tight or taut, especially to the utmost tension; stretch to the full: to strain a rope.
2. to exert to the utmost: to strain one's ears to catch a sound.
3. to impair, injure, or weaken (a muscle, tendon, etc.) by stretching or overexertion.
4. to cause mechanical deformation in (a body or structure) as the result of stress.
5. to stretch beyond the proper point or limit: to strain the meaning of a word.
6. to make excessive demands upon: to stra
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.