1. to sit in a low or crouching position with the legs drawn up closely beneath or in front of the body; sit on one's haunches or heels.
2. to crouch down or cower, as an animal.
3. to settle on or occupy property, especially otherwise unoccupied property, without any title, right, or payment of rent.
4. to settle on public land under government regulation, in order to acquire title.
5. Nautical. (of a vessel, especially a power vess
"bryonies can be squat with heads."
"people can be squat."
"towers can be squat."
"buildings can be squat."
"houses can be squat."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.