1. to smile, laugh, or contort the face in a manner that shows scorn or contempt: They sneered at his pretensions.
2. to speak or write in a manner expressive of derision or scorn. verb (used with object)
3. to utter or say in a sneering manner. noun
4. a look or expression of derision, scorn, or contempt.
5. a derisive or scornful utterance, especially one more or less covert or insinuative.
6. an act of sneering.
"tones can be sneering."
"voices can be sneering."
"people can be sneering."
"laughs can be sneering."
"words can be sneering."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.