1. a small, slender, often sharp piece, as of wood or glass, split, broken, or cut off, usually lengthwise or with the grain; splinter.
2. any small, narrow piece or portion: A sliver of sky was visible.
3. a strand of loose, untwisted fibers produced in carding.
verb (used with object)
4. to split or cut off (a sliver) or to split or cut into slivers: to sliver a log into kindling.
5. to form (textile fibers) into slivers.
verb (used without object)
6. to split.
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.