1. bashful; retiring.
2. easily frightened away; timid.
3. suspicious; distrustful: I am a bit shy of that sort of person.
4. reluctant; wary.
5. deficient: shy of funds.
6. scant; short of a full amount or number: still a few dollars shy of our goal; an inch shy of being six feet.
7. (in poker) indebted to the pot.
8. not bearing or breeding freely, as plants or animals. verb (used without object), shied, shying. 9. (especially
"people can be shy about things."
"roboticses can be shy of estimates."
"places can be shy about things."
"people can be shy with people."
"importerses can be shy in/at/on years."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.