1. having little length; not long.
2. having little height; not tall: a short man.
3. extending or reaching only a little way: a short path.
4. brief in duration; not extensive in time: a short wait.
5. brief or concise, as writing.
6. rudely brief; abrupt; hurting: short behavior.
7. low in amount; scanty: short rations.
8. not reaching a point, mark, target, or the like; not long enough or far enough. 9. below the standard in extent, quanti
"people can be short of moneys."
"sectors can be short of liquidities."
"markets can be short of funds."
"people can be short of cashs."
"banks can be short of funds."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.