1. to put (something or someone) in a particular place: to set a vase on a table.
2. to place in a particular position or posture: Set the baby on his feet.
3. to place in some relation to something or someone: We set a supervisor over the new workers.
4. to put into some condition: to set a house on fire.
5. to put or apply: to set fire to a house.
6. to put in the proper position: to set a chair back on its feet.
7. to put in the
"rates can be set on dates."
"places can be set on dates."
"francs can be set at points."
"dates can be set for polls."
"prices can be set at reaises."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.