1. of, showing, or characterized by deep thought.
2. of grave or somber disposition, character, or manner: a serious occasion; a serious man.
3. being in earnest; sincere; not trifling: His interest was serious.
4. requiring thought, concentration, or application: serious reading; a serious task.
5. weighty or important: a serious book; Marriage is a serious matter.
6. giving cause for apprehension; critical: The plan has one serious flaw.
7. Medicine/Medical. (of
"people can be serious about things."
"people can be serious in things."
"governments can be serious about things."
"people can be serious about commitments."
"situations can be serious in places."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.