1. a small piece or portion; fragment: a scrap of paper.
2. scraps. bits or pieces of food, especially of leftover or discarded food. the remains of animal fat after the oil has been tried out.
3. a detached piece of something written or printed: scraps of poetry.
4. an old, discarded, or rejected item or substance for use in reprocessing or as raw material, as old metal that can be melted and reworked.
5. chips, cuttings, fragments, or other small pieces of raw material removed
"places can be scrap after offices."
"metals can be scrap."
"prices can be scrap."
"tariffs can be scrap."
"cargoes can be scrap."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.