1. coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.
2. thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated: Lighthouses are rare on that part of the coast.
3. having the component parts not closely compacted together; not dense: rare gases; lightheaded from the rare mountain air.
4. unusually great: a rare display of courage.
5. unusually excellent; admirable; fine: She showed rare tact in in
"sources can be rare in places."
"violences can be rare in places."
"transplants can be rare in places."
"transplants can be rare because of laws."
"protests can be rare in places."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.