1. a container of earthenware, metal, etc., usually round and deep and having a handle or handles and often a lid, used for cooking, serving, and other purposes.
2. such a container with its contents: a pot of stew.
3. the amount contained in or held by a pot; potful.
4. a flowerpot.
5. a container of liquor or other drink: a pot of ale.
6. liquor or other drink.
7. a cagelike vessel for trapping fish, lobsters, eels, etc., typically made of wood, wicker, or wire.
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.