1. an assemblage of things laid or lying one upon the other: a pile of papers; a pile of bricks.
2. Informal. a large number, quantity, or amount of anything: a pile of work.
3. a heap of wood on which a dead body, a living person, or a sacrifice is burned; pyre.
4. a lofty or large building or group of buildings: the noble pile of Windsor Castle.
5. Informal. a large accumulation of money: They made a pile on Wall Street.
6. a bundle of pieces of iron ready to be welded a
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.