1. a natural elevation of the earth's surface rising more or less abruptly to a summit, and attaining an altitude greater than that of a hill, usually greater than 2000 feet (610 meters).
2. a large mass of something resembling this, as in shape or size.
3. a huge amount: a mountain of incoming mail.
4. (initial capital letter) a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, eight driving wheels, and a two-wheeled rear truck.
5. Also called mountain wine. British Archaic. a sw
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.