1. Nelson Appleton, 1839–1925, U.S. army officer.
2. a male given name: from a Germanic word meaning “merciful.”. mile
[mahyl] /maɪl/ Spell Syllables
1. Also called statute mile. a unit of distance on land in English-speaking countries equal to 5280 feet, or 1760 yards (
2. nautical mile.
3. international nautical mile.
4. any of various other units of distance or length at different periods and in different countries.
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.