1. one of a set of objects, as straws or pebbles, drawn or thrown from a container to decide a question or choice by chance.
2. the casting or drawing of such objects as a method of deciding something: to choose a person by lot.
3. the decision or choice made by such a method.
4. allotted share or portion: to receive one's lot of an inheritance.
5. the portion in life assigned by fate or Providence; one's fate, fortune, or destiny: Her lot had not been a happy one.
6. a disti
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.