1. pertaining to or characterized by place or position in space; spatial.
2. pertaining to, characteristic of, or restricted to a particular place or particular places: a local custom.
3. pertaining to a city, town, or small district rather than an entire state or country: local transportation.
4. stopping at most or all stations: a local train.
5. pertaining to or affecting a particular part or particular parts, as of a physical system or organism: a local disease. 6
"areas can be local on people."
"witches can be local to areas."
"surnames can be local in origins."
"schemes can be local in natures."
"potteries can be local to cities."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.