1. anything put in or on something for conveyance or transportation; freight; cargo: The truck carried a load of watermelons.
2. the quantity that can be or usually is carried at one time, as in a cart.
3. this quantity taken as a unit of measure or weight or a discrete quantity (usually used in combination): carload; wagonload.
4. the quantity borne or sustained by something; burden: a tree weighed down by its load of fruit.
5. the weight supported by a structure or part.
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.