1. of or relating to an island or islands: insular possessions.
2. dwelling or situated on an island.
3. forming an island: insular rocks.
4. detached; standing alone; isolated.
5. of, relating to, or characteristic of islanders.
6. narrow-minded or illiberal; provincial: insular attitudes toward foreigners.
7. Pathology. occurring in or characterized by one or more isolated spots, patches, or the like.
8. Anatomy. pertaining to an island of cells or tissue, as the isl
"people can be insular in respects."
"mothers can be insular."
"cultures can be insular."
"people can be insular."
"lives can be insular."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.