1. not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself: an independent thinker.
2. not subject to another's authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free: an independent businessman.
3. not influenced by the thought or action of others: independent research.
4. not dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.
5. not relying on another or others for aid or support.
"places can be independent from places."
"islands can be independent from places."
"republics can be independent in dates."
"republics can be independent from places."
"regions can be independent from places."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.