1. far off or apart in space; not near at hand; remote or removed (often followed by from): a distant place; a town three miles distant from here.
2. apart or far off in time: distant centuries past.
3. remote or far apart in any respect: a distant relative.
4. reserved or aloof; not familiar or cordial: a distant greeting.
5. arriving from or going to a distance, as a communication, journey, etc.: I have here a distant letter from Japan.
"unions can be distant from people."
"sounds can be distant from people."
"people can be distant from guards."
"officials can be distant from media."
"voices can be distant with irritations."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.