1. relying on someone or something else for aid, support, etc.
2. conditioned or determined by something else; contingent: Our trip is dependent on the weather.
3. subordinate; subject: a dependent territory.
4. Grammar. not used in isolation; used only in connection with other forms. In I walked out when the bell rang, when the bell rang is a dependent clause.Compare independent (def 14), main1 (def 4).
5. hanging down; pendent.
6. Mathematics. (of a variable) havin
"economies can be dependent on places."
"people can be dependent on people."
"economies can be dependent on subsidies."
"places can be dependent on places."
"people can be dependent on others."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.