verb (used with object), dabbed, dabbing.
1. to pat or tap gently, as with something soft or moist: The child dabbed his eyes with the handkerchief.
2. to apply (a substance) by light strokes: He dabbed the ointment on the rash.
3. to strike, especially lightly, as with the hand.
4. Masonry. to dress (stonework) with a pointed tool.
5. Western U.S. to throw (a rope or line) in an effort to lasso or catch something: Joe dabbed his rope on the steer. verb (used without object), dabbed
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.