1. near to or next to: a home by a lake.
2. over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
3. on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
4. to and beyond the vicinity of; past: He went by the church.
5. within the extent or period of; during: by day; by night.
6. not later than; at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
7. to the extent or amount of: The new house is larg
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.