1. made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
2. imitation; simulated; sham: artificial vanilla flavoring.
3. lacking naturalness or spontaneity; forced; contrived; feigned: an artificial smile.
4. full of affectation; affected; stilted: artificial manners; artificial speech.
5. made without regard to the particular needs of a situation, person, etc.; imposed arbitrarily; unnatural: artificial rules for dormitory residents.
"styles can be artificial in senses."
"pieces can be artificial as clothes."
"pasts can be artificial for links."
"pasts can be artificial for instances."
"pasts can be artificial for continuities."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.