1. in, at, or to a higher place.
2. overhead, upstairs, or in the sky: My brother lives in the apartment above. A flock of birds circled above.
3. higher in rank, authority, or power: She was told to speak to the person above.
4. higher in quantity or number: books with 100 pages and above.
5. before or earlier, especially in a book or other piece of writing; foregoing: the remark quoted above. Compare below (def 6).
6. in or to heaven: gone to her eternal rest above.
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.